There is an awesome OWASP initiative this winter called OWASP Winter Code Sprint (OWCS).
In essence, if you are a university student this lets you to contribute to a participating OWASP project in exchange for university credits and other perks.
The full list of participating OWASP projects and ideas can be found here.
- September 15th: 1st deadline
- October 15th: 2nd deadline
If any of the following seem interesting to you, please contact me ASAP on firstname.lastname@example.org -minor thinking required ;)-
- 10.1 OWASP OWTF - Testing Framework Improvements
- 10.2 OWASP OWTF - Health Monitor
- 10.3 OWASP OWTF - Tool utilities module
- 10.4 OWASP OWTF - Installation Improvements and Package manager
- 10.5 OWASP OWTF - GSoC project extension