There is an awesome OWASP initiative this winter called OWASP Winter Code Sprint (OWCS).
In essence, if you are a university student this lets you to contribute to a participating OWASP project in exchange for university credits and other perks.
The full list of participating OWASP projects and ideas can be found here.
September 15th: 1st deadline
- October 15th: 2nd deadline
If any of the following seem interesting to you, please contact me ASAP on firstname.lastname@example.org -minor thinking required ;)-
NOTE: Yes, these are the ideas that are FREE for the 2nd round! :)
- OWASP OWTF - VMS - OWTF Vulnerability Management System (FREE!)
- OWASP OWTF - HTTP Request Translator (FREE!)
- OWASP OWTF - Off-line HTTP traffic uploader (FREE!)
- OWASP OWTF - Health Monitor (FREE!)
- OWASP OWTF - Installation Improvements and Package manager (FREE!)
- OWASP OWTF - GSoC project extension